Monday 15 May 2017

2/3

Not a great turnout at training so the vibe was pretty low. I was feeling alright in the morning but just got sorer all day. Felt really fit heart rate was so slow even after the strides, which probably wasn't ideal thinking about it now, really tired after a big weekend running wise. Started the session planning on just getting through, but the competitive drive that normally gets me up and about just wasn't there. 

JB was as sick as a dog as well poor guy. Ended up doing 4 out of the 6 x 600m session Lesley had going for us on the outside. Ran real solidly to be fair, but keen to take it easy for the next 48 hours. 

1:48, 1:48, 1:49, 1:47

8.4km all up. Back at it Wednesday night and on the bike tomorrow. Felt weird cutting it halfway, the body definitely needed it, but 6 months ago I wouldn't have even considered stopping. Not sure whether its good or bad. It'll keep me uninjured that's for sure and that's real important and after that Wandin performance and last week's training I'm feeling faster than ever. Locked in the Melbourne half marathon in October, I reckon a reasonable goal would be to get my build across the finish line, but Lesley has other ideas... 

No comments:

Post a Comment