Monday 10 October 2016

It feels good to be back

First session back! I was pumped all day to come back to training. Melbourne has suffered from a spell of windy days this week and today was no exception. Brutal down the back of DMAC. Acceleration session tonight. Just managed to hang onto Jasper which I was pretty stoked about.

Acceleration session is 200m hard, 200m easy, 200m 5km pace, 200m 3km pace, 200m hard, 200m easy. 5 laps meant 6km all up and we got it done in 22:23. Last 200m hard was into the wind so we rotated the lead. Felt myself tying up in the last few sections and muscles felt a bit weak after a couple of weeks of minimal training.

5 x 80m strides to finish off. Managed to hold it together which I'm stoked about. I'm just happy to be back training hard. 13.6km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment