Wednesday 26 October 2016

Hyped

Got pretty pumped for this one as Lesley gave us the session on Monday night. Nice night, although a touch windy on the home straight. Got the old spikes out as well as I don't want to wreck the new ones in training.

All the reps had a 200m jog recovery to accompany them. I should've jumped on the guys going with a faster recovery, but I'll make sure that I'm right there next Wednesday. Some of the lead group ditched the 4th 400 and walked across just to make sure they were at the front during the 2s which was a touch irritating, so I wouldn't have thought I'll be resorting to that.

4 x 400 - 66, 65, 65, 65 (reeled in the guys running too fast in the easy sections here which was a damn good feeling)

4 x 200 - 30, 29, 29, 30 (wanted to hit 29 on that last one, but I was knackered by this point)

400 - 67 (really felt the headwind here along the home stretch, but stoked that I managed that time)

Absolutely finished after this. That last 4 is so hard after the shorter stuff, you wonder how you'll get through double the distance. Cooled down with Will for 11.6km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment