Saturday 12 October 2013

Regional Athletics

Yesterday had my regional athletics 3km and 1500m race. The 3k was first and I started off great went through the first k in 3:15. Then I think I lost concentration, I slowed down without realizing it and I couldn't make up the time in the last km. I ended up running exactly the same time as my last race 10:03. I had the 1500 in the afternoon but wasn't feeling particularly confident. They leaders went off quick and I decided to hang back and conserve my energy. I slowly worked my way back up to the leaders with a bit of a surge from the 800m to go mark. Passed the guy who beat me in districts and ended up running 4:43. Happy as I had just run 3km. Also quite confident that I can run 4:30 at all schools if I keep up the training. Today went to watch Chris and Haftu race. Haftu ran 2:08 for 800m and Chris ran 4:14 for 1500. Fantastic races from both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment