Monday 14 October 2013

Melbourne Marathon 10km

Our Internet has been pretty dodgy recently so I that is why I haven't posted about this race sooner.  So yesterday I had a 10km race which was part of the Melbourne Marathon Festival. In my last 10km race I ran 39:11. In that one I think I went out too fast and paid for it in the last km's. This time I decided to start at 3:45's and see how I went from there. The start was a bit of a nightmare as my watch played up right as I crossed the start line. I fixed that by about 20m into the race and set off at 3:45's. I went through the first km in 3:48 and the second in 3:45. I then settled in with a guy who I thought was going about the same pace as me. He was going to slow though and I went through the third in 3:58. I surged on and ahead and got back on track taking the next k out in 3:40. I was feeling good flying through the 5km mark with a 3:43. I then caught up to a guy who I had run the park run near a week earlier. I stuck with him up until the 8.5km mark where there was quite a large hill. I slowed down a bit up the hill but accelerated down the other side over takin the park run guy. I went through the 9th in 3:51, but I kept pushing. The course had a great finish ending up inside the MCG. I  pushed around the outside and end up with a time of 38:08. Really happy as I beat my PB by a minute. Great run an looking forward to doing the same race next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment