Sunday 6 October 2013

5km and Mile race

Yesterday morning had a 5km parkrun race. These parkruns are in parks all over the world and they are growing bigger and bigger all the time. They are completely free and I suggest you have a look into them as they are a great way to get involved with the local running scene. Anyway really windy yesterday morning and I woke up and wasn't really feeling it. Didn't have time to warm up either but it wasn't a big deal. going well until I hit the wind, slowed down a bit and ended up running 18:51. Pretty disappointed, however the conditions took a toll on the time. Later that afternoon, had a Glen Huntley Athletics Club open day. Just a bit of fun. The club was divided into four teams and members competed in different events. I ran in the mile race and ran 5:21. Again disappointed, but it was still incredibly windy. Hopefully the wind dies off soon. I have 5 races coming up soon. I am racing in the Regional Athletics(3km and 1500m), the Melbourne Marathon 10km and then the All Schools Athletics (3km and 1500m). Looking forward to racing soon as now I have a bit of experience, I can race more tactically and faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment