Wednesday 9 October 2013

Fantastic Session

Today went to running club after school. Ate some cereal after school and while we were doing the 2.5km warm up I wasn't feeling great. I was going to taper as I have a race on Friday, but nobody else was tapering so I just decided to join in with the other fellas. They were doing Kenyan Fartlek( 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy) on the first rep Chris was flying ahead. I stayed with the group and on the second rep I stuck with Chris. On the third I just stuck with the main pack while Haftu went ahead with Chris. On the 4th rep I decided I would stick with the group for 1 minute then surge ahead to catch Chris and Haftu. Worked well and I was feeling great. After 6 reps I had a break as I was meant to be doing an easier session. After 5 minutes we then started the 1 minute reps. I was still feeling good and so I led the pack for 3 reps before pushing really hard on the 4th and ended up about 20m in front of the others. Really good session, about 11.1km in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment