Sunday 27 October 2013

All Schools Victoria Championships

So this weekend was the big weekend. I was racing in the 1500m on Saturday and the 3000m on Sunday. The track was Lakeside Stadium next to Albert Park, a really nice track. Chris and I were running together in both races and the 1500m was up first on Saturday afternoon. After waiting in the call room for 20 minutes the officials called us out on to the track for some last minute strides before the event. We started and I sat back just wanting to run a Pb on not wanting to go too hard in the first km. I was feeling pretty good and I kept the strong pace up and we went through the first km in 3:02. My goal was to go through a bit faster but I pushed on through the next 100m. I saw Chris drop off the front pack and slow down a lot and I overtook him on the back straight. He spurred me on and I ended up with a 8 second Pb of 4:36 so really happy finishing 10th overall. Chris injured his Achilles which has been bothering him for a few months. He was feeling a bit better on Sunday, but decided not to run in the 3k. The next day was the 3km in the morning. At the start I just sat in last place. I didn't want to go out too hard again. Went through the first km in 3:10 and was feeling good. The second km is normally when I loose most of my time so I tried to push it a bit and ended up overtaking 4 people. I kept working and all of a sudden it was the last lap. Immediately someone went past me and I tried to stick with him. He was 10m ahead at 100m to go and I pushed on. I didn't catch him, but I ran 9:49 so a 14 second Pb finishing 14th and I am very happy with that.

3 comments:

  1. Great results Jack. Stick to this speed stuff for now while you can and ignore your Uncle Jamie. You've got a lifetime to run Half Marathons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pace Jack. You could beat me over any distance up to 5km now. Great races and excellent results. You'll be beating your uncle Tom over 1500m soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Cheers guys, I really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete