Tuesday 29 October 2013

3k, 2k, 1k + Speed Work

Yesterday went to running club for training and after 2.5km warm up we got into the session. It was Haftu, Ryan, Tom, Julian, Jasper, duggie and Dean training. First was 3km. Felt pretty good on this rep stayingup with Tom and Haftu. We did it in 10:21. Next was the 2km. I led the first km, but it was windy and I think it took its toll. I dropped back about 10s and finished the rep in 6:45. Then the 1km. I dropped off at the start, but held my position and slowly caught up with Dean. Then surprised myself with quite a large kick and came home in 3:04. Pretty happy with that last rep as I thought I had broken on the 2km. The training is obviously helping. Next we did 3 70m sprints on the track which felt strange. I found myself struggling to slow down after each rep and afterwards my legs felt like jelly. Anyway, great session, about 10km in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment