Thursday 31 October 2013

350m Reps

Today was one of the toughest sessions I have done in a long while. It was Tom, Haftu, Nick, Duggie, Ryan, Jackson and I training tonight. 20 360m reps up and down a hill. The hill goes on for about 100m so the rep starts about 250m in front of the hill. We do one rep up the hill then one rep down the hill. We had a 30s recovery at the bottom of the hill and 90s at the top.We did 2.5km warm up then got into the session. We started with an up the hill rep and did it in 75s. The 2nd rep which was down the hil we did in 1:08. We steadily got faster as the session went on. Getting around the 1:10 mark for up the hill and about 1:06 for the down hill. For the majority of the session. At around the 12th rep mark I tried sitting in the middle of the pack towards the hill then pushing hard up the hill. It worked well and I finished first on a couple of the reps. After that it was really hurting and I pushed hard and stuck with the pack. On the last rep I was really hurting. I decided I would put it all out there and go for it. I set off really quick and kept it up until 50m to go. The lactic really hit me then and I slowed a bit. Ryan and Haftu caught me, but I still managed to run 58s. So really stoked. Tough tough session, about 11km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment