Wednesday 14 August 2013

3k, 2k, 1k

Yesterday went to running club after school again. Did the normal 2.5km warm up followed by some drills and a last minute shit. It was Chris, Haftu, Tom and I doing a session, then Duggie and some others doing an easier session. We were a doing a 3k, 2k then a 1k all pretty speedy. We started the 3k and Chris took the lead. I suggested a peloton style running thing where each of us took the lead for a couple of minutes as it was really windy and that's what we did for the first 2km. Then Chris took the lead for the last 1k and we finished in a time of 10:03. Pretty happy with that. Next was the 2k and Haftu lead the first 800 ,then I took over for the next 400 and again Chris finished us off. We ended up with a 6:43 for the 2k. Finally it was the dreaded 1km rep and we started off with Tom out the front. I just behind him, but then he surged and I couldn't stay with him. Haftu and I stayed together until the end and ran a 3:11. Good session, pretty tough, but I enjoyed it. About 9.7km in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment