Wednesday 7 August 2013

School Athletics Day

So school athletics day so just a fun day not very serious races. The first race I did was the 1500m, so of course there was the kids who decided to sprint for the first 200 metres for a laugh and that's exactly what happened. I stayed in about 7th while the sprinters went off, then they got tired and I overtook them all by the 400 mark. From there I continued at the same pace slowly getting further and further away from the second and third runners. I finished the race with a time of 4:48 and first place and a bit disappointed to be honest. I didn't surge at all so I think that took a toll on the time and there was no one running leading with me to help push the speed.
The next race was 800 metres in which I placed 2nd with a time of 2:15. Harry, the leader went out and stayed about 5 seconds ahead of me throughout the entire race. Again, a bit disappointed at the time, but happy at the position.
Next race was 400 metres. I placed second, losing to Harry again. I ran 1:01 so I was happy with that time.
The final race was the 4 x 100m relay. Harry, was on our team so I was feeling pretty confident. I started off the race keeping up with the fastest runner on the opposition team. Handed the baton onto Chappo who ran another solid leg, but then there was a bad baton change so we lost about 2 seconds. Connor ran the third leg before handing the baton to Harry, who was 15 metres behind the leader but still managed to bring home the victory.
Really happy with the day over all, it was a bit of fun. My first real track races and I think I prefer longer distances, but I still enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment