Thursday 29 August 2013

3k Out and Back

Today did a 3km out and back which is when you run 3km out easy then 3km back hard. I meant to be doing 3km easy with a few mates, then pushing hard it on the way back by myself. I got to our meeting place, but nobody showed up. Ended up waiting half an hour in the rain before deciding just to do it by myself.  I chose a 3km loop so I just did the loop twice. The loop was actually 3.3km and it had 3 major hills so I was expecting the second loop to be quite difficult. On top of that it was pouring down with rain and it was incredibly windy. The first easy 3.3km time was 14:01. By the end of this loop I was completely drenched and feeling pretty irritated. I tried to push the second loop but it was a pain. I could barely see, it was slippy and hilly. I ended up doing the harder loop in 11:34. I was pretty disappointed with the time to be honest, but I think the conditions held me back. 9km in all including warm up and cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment