Friday 2 June 2017

Thursday and worries

Thursday night was a bit of an MLR. 15km in 1:07:46 plus 5 x 60m strides. Left quad was very sore an tight afterwards, I think I felt it twinge during the Wednesday session and it pulled up sore. So ditched strength halfway through and rested all day Friday. Iced it and did some light rolling pretty consistently throughout the day.

It didn't feel amazing Saturday night so decided to wake up early and see how it was before choosing whether or not to go to hills. Chose to go and really glad I did. Pressure was off completely as I just wanted to get round. Ended up having a huge run.

Reps were really solid but recoveries were quick. Not sure how I managed it, but I'm feeling like I'm in some really good form at the moment.

1:11, 1:09, 1:09, 1:09, 1:08, 1:10, 1:10, 1:06

22:08 for the session so second fastest ever. Might've been the rest day that put something in the legs. Finished off with that 2km threshold, now becoming a regular thing. 2km in 6:57 feeling really strong. Really looking forward to ferny tomorrow, will hopefully get 1:40 on the watch in the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment