Monday 2 January 2017

Yeah I've shit in those woods

Sunday

Tradish long run day so met up at the Snowman at 9 for the Mount Mckay climb. The start is 5.5km uphill so you warm up quick, cruised and made sure I felt good. Wasn't keen to push early when I didn't know the course.

After the initial hard section, it flattened out a touch although it was still pretty undulating. 3 went by me on the flat and I was keen to keep the pace strong so went with them. Realised after a few km that Linden Hall was in the group of 3 so started worrying I'd bitten off more than I could chew.  Hung in there for about 10k and had a small chat.

Felt shocking at 15k so dipped off the aquaduct trail for a DIY dump. Lost the group but ran into Stace, Bec and Anna so finished the run with them. Felt like I had nothing left for the final 5k, haven't done a proper long run in a few weeks so not too surprising.

21.1km in 1:36:30. Definitely feel the altitude up here, just don't feel as strong as I used to, but that probably also because of the cycling recently.

Monday

Up at Langfords for an easy 12km. Ran with Will out n back in about 54:30. Felt pretty solid although characteristically out of breath. Hopped in the aquaduct afterwards, nothing too serious. Muscles are pretty sore so had a major roll this arvo. Feeling a bit better now, but very keen for a very cruisy Wednesday after tomorrow's session.


No comments:

Post a Comment