Friday 30 December 2016

Falls Creek Days 4,5 and 6

Thursday

Weather was pretty poor, fog was creeping in as well so driving there was a touch sketchy. Rained on and off for the whole session which was 10 x 400m with 200m jog recovery. It was along the aquaduct so on a 4 x 4 track and with 200 people on the run, it was mental. No room at all and overtaking was a nightmare with the elite devils coming back the other way.

Times were a disgrace but it turned into more of a threshold because there was zero room. First one was more of a warm up. Everything was between 1:30 and 1:22. The fastest was the last which was great! Jogged a cool down with Sam and Stace. 13km all up.

Friday

Rode with Dad in the morning. Still keen to not wreck myself running just to be certain nothing is coming back to bite so I was glad for a bit of pedal pushing despite being in the rain. Scenery is amazing up here but we couldn't see anything because of the fog. Looked like something out of LOTR. Felt awesome at halfway, but the wind and rain had me hurting on the way home. Good workout with lots of up and down. 42km all up, not sure of the time or how fast.

Saturday

Infamous Fitzy's Hut run this morning. Lathered my build in sunscreen before heading out. I was warned about a rough hill about 7k in some decided to feel good at the bottom of it and see how I went. Wasn't trusting my fitness either so ran with Stace, Anna, Beau and Bec along the aquaduct before we split up a bit after the hill. Hill was rough, but I wasn't trying to thrash myself either. Heart rate was way up though definitely wasn't easy.

Managed to get lost at one point down another hill, 100% my fault, but it added another 500 on which was nice.

Kept the pace strong along the top of the mountain ridge but it was pretty windy. Got rolling along the downwards section hitting 4:00 for the latter kms. Pretty knackered by the finish and quads are tender now. Hit the aquaduct afterwards which was packed, ended up sitting next to Mona, but I left him alone, I'm sure he gets enough attention from tryhards like me.

16.9km in 1:21:06 (4:48s). It's meant to be a threshold along the top so I might give that a go next Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment