Monday 2 January 2017

6 x 1kms

Out at Langford's gap at 9:30 for the Tuesday session. Felt pretty lethargic, but started feeling okay at the end of the 5km warm up to get out there. Over 200 there so they let us off in waves. IT was a really tough session, I reckon you gotta add about 15s for each rep because of the altitude and surface. It's a rocky trail and its twisty and turny, but it's about as good as you can ask for up here. Went out slowly and felt strong. got myself into a decent group and as running well up until 4 when they all stopped which was irritating because then I was solo.

Struggled badly on the 5th, but brought it home well on the 6th, but I was definitely hurting.

3:31, 3:25, 3:39, 3:34, 3:53, 3:35

Cooled down with Jamie Cook who's run 170k this week so I was thinking it was going to be a 5k threshold to finish but it was alright in the end. 16km all up. Building that base now.

No comments:

Post a Comment