Friday 6 January 2017

Fitzy's Hut round 2

Drove up to Langford's with Will and Eamonn while most of Fall's population went to do hills with Melbourne Track Club. Idea was to go pretty fast so hung in there on the flat section along the aquaduct for 7k at about 4:10s before hitting the hill. Slowed right here I remembered it being much easier, pulled my build up that monster. It's gotta be close to 2km long twisty and turny uphill.

Along the top the headwind was aggressive but manageable so tried to keep my ankles unrolled along the animal track that we run along before hitting the downhill section and going for it a bit. Average 4:00s for the last 4km or so which was good to see. Finished knackered in 1:12:45 for the 16.3km about 4:28s. Quite proud of that actually as I was 9 minutes slower last week.

Jogged 700m with Will to get the lactic out as Eamonn finished off before driving to the aquaduct for the compulsory freezing sesh. First 30s were brutal as usual, pretty sure my HR broke 300 and my body was going into hypothermia but somehow hung in there for 10 minutes and definitely feel better for it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment