Sunday 11 December 2016

Shield Rd 8

1500m schedule on Saturday. I was put in the 3rd heat which was annoying as I was pretty keen to race Jasper, Liam and JB who were put in the heat above. Didn't really put much thought into the race, but made sure I didn't lead too early. Went through the first lap in about 70 on the outside of lane one almost all the way around. Tucked myself into the rail along the back straight until 500 before seeing the pace was dropping here so went to the lead 650m in and pushed on.

Didn't know what was going on behind me but I think I gapped the field by a few metres here. Kept the pace strong through to 1 lap to go and just went for it. Gave it everything, but one guy reeled me in and went by with 200 to go. Really hurting here and didn't want to be overtaken again after leading.

Ended up running 4:20.83 so I'll cop a 4 second PB any day of the week. Wished that I was in the second heat instead of the first because I genuinely reckon I could've hung with the others if I didn't have to lead.

Great race though and looking forward to the Vic milers 1500 coming up just before Christmas.

Did a 3km threshold to follow by myself but couldn't get going at all. Real heavy legs  from the 1500 so called it at 3 and did a cooldown. 10.4km all up.


Ferny creek the next day was okay, but legs were still sore from the day before. 19.3km in 1:34:07. Strength that afternoon wasn't too bad, but made myself work hard during the core section. 80km for the week.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment