Wednesday 21 December 2016

On the bike

So went to the physio Tuesday arvo and go the low down from Nathan. Basically a loading problem and very tight calves. So lots of stretching and rolling and no running for a bit, but it's all good as I can still get some cardio in on the bike.

Also had needling done at the physio, felt so strange, my muscle was tensing without me telling it to and it was a pretty strange experience with it hurting not as much as I expected. Very sore afterwards though, just felt bruised. Physio said that I should go on the bike for the next week before Falls Creek, then I can start back running easy and get back into it properly in a few weeks. I'm just glad I went to see the Physio relatively early.

He also reckons that I should stop running 7 days a week and get back on the bike at least one day, so once I'm doing full mileage, I might sub out the Friday run for a cycle. I'm going to get cleats, pedals and some slimmer wheels as well now I can afford it from all these jobs so I'll feel like less of an amateur, and apparently the shoes make such a difference.

Went 30km with Dad in the evening. Great ride although I've lost my cycling form that I had at the start of the year. Too much running apparently.

Yesterday felt a lot looser and less sore so 40km solo although overtook a guy and we rode together on the way home, making the pace go right up. Managed to average 30.1km/h so I was pretty happy with that, especially with the headwind on the way out.

Glenhuntly Christmas party yesterday was a good laugh. Got some running socks out of the Kris Kringle and I reckon that's just about the best present you can hope for out of one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment