Wednesday 28 December 2016

Falls Creek Days 1, 2 and 3


Bit of a catch up today as I've had some rough connection to the internet. Drove up no worries and arrived Monday afternoon. Got out for my first run back from injury. I was a touch unsure as to how it was going to go but turned out amazing! so so happy that I'll be able to run while on the training camp.

Day 1

7.8km in not sure what time. Felt great although a touch out of shape, but no stress, it'll all come together in no time.

Day 2

Yesterday there was a 6 x 1km session along the aquaduct beyond Langford's gap. I just ran the 5km warm up, then ran home a touch quick, looking for a threshold pace. Ended up running at about 3:55s and getting a decent workout in. 9.7km all together.

Light strength session in the arvo involving a lot of core and hip stuff, followed by a friendly game of soccer with the guys. I've still got it, not to worry.

Had a small chat to Lesley and Trevor in the evening. They seem to think it's all going to come together for me next year, but I'm just keen to take it a bit easy for a time so this injury doesn't come back.

Day 3

Keen to take the impact off the ankle today so got on the bike with Dad, Chris Allan, Bec, some other dude? and Sonia O'Sullivan, who's the women's 2000m world record holder. It always gets me that she's a part of GHY.

Basically 30km straight downhill to Mount Beauty before straight back up the 30km to falls creek. So so tough especially the final 6km. Got dropped about 7km from the finish, felt great up until then. I reckon I should've had some more food at halfway. I suck a descending, although I just need some practice. Absolutely knackered when I got back, sat down for at least 3 hours before i had any energy to go for a walk around with Jasp. Pretty much maxxing out for 100 minutes, gahhd that was so tough.

Went to a seminar with everyone this arvo. Brett Robinson, Luke Matthews, Sarah Klein and Linden Hall were all there speaking. Pretty funny at some points, although all Robinson does is run. Like he does nothing else at all.

Going to try a session tomorrow morning. It's a 400 session on a soft surface so pretty perfect. Hopefully it goes well.

I've also agreed to do a "who can run the most kilometres" competition in 2017 with JB. My plan is just to keep it consistent although I reckon I'll switch out a Friday run for a cycle. It's more to keep JB motivated as he probably needs a shove. If he ran 85k a week, he'd be so damn fast.






No comments:

Post a Comment