Friday 15 May 2015

School Training

Got up early this morning expecting an easy jog at school cross country training before school, instead Will rocked up as well so I really had to put in a bit of effort. I was still a bit sore from last night's treadmill threshy so trained okay considering.

I did about a k worth of warm up before we got into it. About 15 people there of all abilities that you'd find within a high school. The session was 2 x 2 mins hard off 90s passive, 2 x 3 mins hard off 2 mins passive followed by 2 x 90s hard off a minute.

First rep was a struggle as the blood hadn't really moved since I woke up but Will was hammering so I had to hold on. Did so and the next one went by a bit easier. The idea was to do a rep one way then attempt to best the distance on the second of each set going back the other way. Again the first 3 minutes was tough but felt good and pushed well on the second.

During the 2 x 90s the rain and wind picked up and I could feel the style collapsing in the long grass. Decided to wear my heavier shoes which have a bigger contact patch making the cadence struggle, especially in the long grass, but it turned out well. Unsure about the distance but I'd say around 5.5km all up. Not a bad effort for a rest day.



No comments:

Post a Comment