Wednesday 6 May 2015

3, 2, 1

Running club tonight in the despicable weather that overcame Melbourne today. Just Tom and I doing the distance stuff which was 3 laps of the outside loop, followed by 2 laps then finally 1 lap. The cold made warming up tough so the first rep was the hardest I reckon. The third km within it was 3:36 so threshold pace and we should've been running faster. But we brought it home the last 600m for a solid 12:47 for just over 3.6km.

Next rep managed to hit an amazing rhythm and felt very strong. The idea was to have an easier session tonight so I wasn't going for any records. Time was 8:20 for just over 2.4km, felt like I could've run like that all day.

Did the last rep alone as Tom had a big night effort last night and was still recovering. Fair enough, went out slowly planning on closing strong and did just that, really running fast the last 200m and finishing with a time of 3:50 for the 1.2km. I reckon I could've run under 3:40 had I had someone with me and we ran consistently the whole way. 12 km all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment