Friday 3 January 2014

Update

So haven't been able to run for few weeks and I just started again yesterday. I'm still in France, 1 week left and I'm really enjoying it. As I said, I ran yesterday, an easy 5.4km just to get back into it. At the start, knees were sore, but that was to be expected. Eased into it and ended up doing 28minutes. Afterwards, I was a bit sore which was strange.

Today, did 7.5km with hills everywhere. Felt good so pushed it up the hills and cruised fast on the flat. Felt good to get some tougher stuff in. Also, I was lucky enough to get a proper running watch for Christmas, one of those which connects to satellites. Really stoked to be honest. Get some solid training in with that.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that you're still with us Jack !!
    You'll need some serious training now to burn off that excess of turkey, chocolate log and foie gras. Great news on the GPS watch. How on earth did you meausure your distances and runs without it prreviously ? I couldn't train properly without one nowadays (unless I spent all my time on the track which would be pretty boring).
    You must be speaking French fairly well now. Keep us upated with what's been going on even if you haven't been running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I am so happy with it! So much food this holiday I agree. I had an app on my computer which finds your location and then you can measure distances from wherever you are in the world so that's good. The French is going good, we went out to dinner at my correspondants family friend's house and I managed to speak with everyone there so yeah it's going well!

      Delete