Saturday 25 January 2014

Pb sesh

Today there was a Pb session up at running club which means each person chooses a single rep to do, then they try and run a Pb in it. So 2.5km warm up then we started. I chose 1km to do and my Pb was 2:52. Really windy today so a tough one to run a Pb. I was running with Haftu and Jasper, I led the 400m with Haftu right behind, he took the lead then and pushed hard. I kept up until 200 to go when the wind hit. Such a struggle that last 200. Haftu ran a Pb of 2:51 and I pulled a 2:53 which I was really happy about. Cheyne, our coach, also known as "The Doctor" reckons it would've been sub 2:50 without the hurricane we were facing today.

Some major races coming up soon, so looking forward to these.
Next Saturday- Shield 3000m- hoping to run a Pb in this.
Saturday after- Shield 2000m steeplechase
Saturday after that- 2014 Victoria Junior Championships

Also, got some new shoes today, some normal training shoes and some longer distance track spikes. So happy with these. The spikes are rival D and the shoes are nike flynits.

No comments:

Post a Comment