Wednesday 29 January 2014

Kenyan Fartlek

So Kenyan Fartlek yesterday, Cheyne's favourite session as he heard David Rudisha tell the world this type of training at a running conference. It was Jasper, Nick, Ryan, Ciara and I at running club yesterday. Jasper and I were the only ones who did the Fartlek as others were doing 400's. So really hot with a hairdryer wind yesterday morning. We did 6 x 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy jogging then 6 x 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy jogging. Started off well, running at 3:04 pace for the first few. Jasper who has been on holiday, dropped off after 3 reps.  I kept going strong, feeling good. I was running at around 3:07, 3:08 pace now when I finished the 2's. 5 minute break before getting into the ones and we stepped up the pace. Sticking around the 3 minute km pace mark so really happy with that. I felt like I trained really well and looking forward to my race on Saturday. 8.9km all up for the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment