Tuesday 14 January 2014

Tabata + 600's

Today got down to running club to go for my first run with the club in 6 weeks. It was me, Declan, Haftu and Chris training this morning. The plane trip was pretty tough as they always are so feeling really jet lagged and tired this morning. Only slept 6 hours last night and 6 hours on the plane so not much sleep at all the past 3 days. Started off with the 2.5km warm up and felt alright. Tabata is 20s hard, 10s easy and we started off with 2 laps of that. Felt solid again, but I started hurting more on the 600's. The first one was up a hill so that was difficult and finished it in 2:02, but so did everyone. Next one the pace went up to 1:52, then a bit slower back to 1:56. I kept with everyone up until now, but they dropped me on the last rep. I came in at 1:50 so alright. A solid session considering my lack of sleep and 2 weeks of missed training in France. Hopefully I'll be over the Jet lag soon and back up to full fitness in a few weeks. In for a rough session Thursday, 7.3km all up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment