Tuesday 21 January 2014

Killing it

Today at running club did hills with the group. Have been looking forward to this session for a long time as I did so many hills in France. We use a 350m straight which starts off flat but then gradually gets steeper. We use the downhill as a rep also so we go faster downhill. It was Declan, Chris, Nick, Haftu, Ryan and I training this afternoon. Started off with the slowest rep coming in at 1:15. We then sped up over the next 12 averaging 1:09 for up the hill and 1:07 down the hill. After 12 reps we had a 5 minute break before continuing. I wanted to push myself this session so I stayed up front and led many of the reps. We stepped up the pace the next 8 averaging 1:08 up the hill and 1:06 down. We then became even quicker for the last 4. The times were 1:07(up), 1:01(down), 1:04(up), 55s(down). Extremely happy with the session, I feel I have recovered from jet lag and am back up to full fitness. Nick ran an incredible 49s on the final rep. Very impressive. 10.9km all up.

So my next big goal is in 2 weeks. A 3000m and I hope to run a Pb. Going to put in the hard yards before the race so hopefully I am able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment