Thursday 16 January 2014

More 1kers

Today went to running club. The session started at 8:30 this morning to try and avoid the heat. It was me, Haftu, Declan, Nick and Ryan training and it was hot. It was only Haftu and I doing the 1kers, while everyone else did 400's and 200's. I just wanted to get through the session to be honest. Still tired from the plane and jet lag. I did the first rep in 3:12 so pretty solid. Next was 1:12 again. We were having 3 minutes recovery at this point. Next one I pushed harder and pulled 3:08. Because of the heat, Cheyne, the coach, said to have 5 minutes recovery so not to overheat. Next rep after that was 3:11. I was staying consistent. After a 4 minute recovery we did in the last rep in which I broke. 3:23 was the time. Overall very happy with the training, got some solid times and stayed relatively consistent. Hopefully when we next do this session I will be back under 3:10 for all the reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment