Thursday 23 January 2014

Speeeeeeed

Bit of a strange session up at running club tonight. Started off by warming up, then did 2 x 1200m. Was told to go easy on the first rep so we ran 4:09. Next one we had to step it up so that one came in at 3:48 (3:10 pace). Feeling good at this point, then we switched to 200's. This was my first proper speed session in quite a long time, so it was good for me. We started off doing 4 x 200's with 30s recovery in 30s seconds each. The low recovery time made it really difficult. Reps went 31s, 31s, 30s, 30s. We had more recovery then in before 2 reps as fast as possible. I was training with Haftu tonight and it is an extremely rare occasion that I manage to beat him in anything as he is a superb athlete. I managed it tonight though on that second last rep, I ran 27s, stoked with that. Last one was 28s so really happy I managed them. 7.3km all up for a tough session, sore at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment