Sunday 1 October 2017

Wishy washy

Had an awful hill session Saturday morning. Didn't sleep well Thursday or Friday so I think it was just being tired. 2 rough hill sessions in a row though and they are unpleasant at the best of times. Was glad just to finish 8 reps in the end. Considered resting again Sunday but I knew that'd be foolish.

Clocks jumped forward so ditched ferny to save a 5:30 equivalent wake up and settled on beach with Sammy. Had a great run with Sammy, 21.5km in 1:39. Smashed a carb gel at halfway, went down okay with a bit of water, but it sat well although I didn't feel like I had loads of energy afterwards. Maybe the pace wasn't hot enough. Deciding when to try again on a harder run. Maybe tomorrow halfway through the session. Maybe at hills next week.

Anyway the taper officially starts tomorrow. My goal is just not to have sore legs by the time the race rolls around. I'm so used to running on tired legs that I feel like I'm slacking when I don't have them. Definitely a problem in my races, I think that might be a factor in where I'm going wrong.

My prep hasn't been perfect, but it hasn't been awful either. I feel like I'm definitely fit enough to run well, but it's about getting this taper right now. Still 2 weeks away so I might go 75% mileage this week with a couple of complete rest days then 40% mileage or less next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment