Monday 30 October 2017

A few more days

So the 3k is next Thursday and last year I ran pretty poorly so I looked back to see where I went wrong. The training was pretty good but I really think I didn't do a good taper at all. I ran everyday for weeks up to it and tough sessions on both Saturday and Monday leading up to the race on Thursday.

 Definitely learned from the half that a taper is important as. So decided I'll just do a light session on the Saturday, maybe 4 hills compared to last year's 8. Then rest Sunday, jog Monday, rest Tuesday, jog Wednesday and see how we go off that. Yeah I genuinely couldn't believe how much I was did in that last week leading up to it when I looked back, did 47km in the last 5 days before the race and if it goes to plan this year it'll be well under 20.

Anyway last night was 200s. Settled on 12 off the start. Trained with Beau. 200m jog recovery but the plan was to do them slower, recover faster and make the session more aerobic.

31.9, 31.4, 31.7, 30.5, 30.5, 31.0, 30.9, 30.9, 31.1, 31.4, 31.2, 29.7

Recoveries were fast which was what we wanted, started raining halfway through but the wind wasn't in the way so all good. Definitely had a tailwind on the straight which helped. 12km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment