Monday 25 July 2016

Oh yep

Worst conditions I've ever done a session in tonight. Was looking up a bit at the start, although the wind was an absolute joke. So strong we did the strides with it behind us and ran faster than ever. 

Back 400m had the wind straight in our face, absolutely awful and dropped the times a lot is would've said. I was doing 6 X 1km with 400m jog recovery. 3rd rep the rain started and only became heavier throughout the session. Sheets of it just blasted you in the face and side for 800m of each rep. It got to the point I wasn't really breathing just attempting to get the water out of my mouth. Then started hailing too, it was tough going. 

The 6th one I just repped 1200m back to the clubhouse to get out of the weather. Didn't get a time as I forgot to split the watch at the start. 

First 5 weren't great, suffering because of the wind I reckon. 3:16, 3:21, 3:21, 3:18, 3:20, ?. 

Frustrated because of the wind, irratated that I didn't do a cool down because there was just too much rain, and pissed that I was completely drenched. Goddd you know you're a runner when your angry that the weather is getting in the way of training. First day back at uni tomorrow ffs. At least we got garlic bread tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment