Wednesday 20 July 2016

10 X 400m

We're back on track baby. Awesome conditions to work with, warm up felt really good and the strides were fast. Got changed after some confusion as to whether we actually were going to train on the track, myself, Declan, JB and Sam plus a few of the girls decided to have a go. 

Trained with Declan basically, but had Sammy and JB just ahead the entire session. It was honestly brutal, I haven't hurt that much in a session in a very long time. 

10 X 400m with 60s standing recovery between each. I don't think any of us were ready for 10, Lesley saw how much we were hurting and gave us 30s extra recovery after the 8th rep. I might not have finished without that. 

Started out at 68 and after two I was unsure if we were going to be able to hold it, but we managed okay.

Think I put some yards on Declan during the middle reps, but he got me on the last one as he does have a speedy finish. Really stoked with that one, bit of a go to session for the squad so looking forward to seeing it improve as we get further into track season. 

Times went: 68, 68, 68, 68, 69, 68, 71, 68, 69, 70

Was hoping I could hit another 68 for the last, but I just had nothing left. 3 laps of the outside cool down with Eamonn for 11.2km all up. Sore and tired now, looking after mum who just had surgery on her Achilles so hopefully she can run without pain again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment