Thursday 19 March 2015

You mad breh?

Yes, so mad. Fuming actually. Up to some 1km reps again and the weather was awful. First rep, a hurricane started I was soaked through within 150m. The wind wasn't bad then but it stepped up. Training with just Chris but these are the sessions that count. I must not be in too bad shape as I was happy with my times. 3:11, 3:12, 3:05, 3:05, 3:03, 2:58. There's a netball training ground right where we train and on the second last rep a netball mum drove across the track without looking out for runners completely cutting us off and killing the time. I would've run 2:59 for that second last I'd say. The on the last Chris wasn't feeling it and I surged a few times with 500m to go. Got a few metres on him but the he got me and went by with 200m to go. We both kicked hard and he got a second on me. Happy with my speed as well right now, I feel like my kick has improved after always trying to make the last rep the quickest. 10.8km all up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment