Wednesday 4 March 2015

Hold my hair back while I munt

Yesterday got out for a run. 2km in wanted to do a session so did 2 x 5 minute efforts which killed. Never do a session with earphones in. Then just kept running and struggled hard, thought the large amounts of volume these last 2 weeks might've been the cause but tonight's session removed the doubt from my mind. Got up to my mum's squad tonight who have a fairly strong junior aspect to them. Ran with Sam "Mr 8:52" Toll, Beau Lang and Jack Bullock doing 4 x 400m and 4 x 200m on the track. Bit of speed never hurt anyone, however the Class A drug has. Took only 60s off between the 4's and was given a very generous 2 minutes between the 2's which made it stupidly lactic. These guys all go out ridiculously fast and to be honest I was expecting to get dropped but Cheyne obviously knows what he's doing as I started reeling Jack and Beau in with 250m to go on each rep. Sam was 20m in front on each one. My times were solid in : 65s, 65s, 65s, 66s. The 200's were similar except they went out faster. Again Sam flew ahead but I reeled Beau and Jack in once again before the finish. On the last I waited until 100m to go and kicked as hard as I could. Reeled in Beau but Jack killed it the first 100m so I couldn't make it up. Times were all 27s each so I've got some speed. Don't tell the Rozzers. Felt rough as afterwards, felt genuinely sick and had a huge headache but got a cool down done and felt better. 9.4km all together. Got formal tomorrow, should be quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment