Monday 9 March 2015

Brinking it

Public holiday today which always the week a bit more bearable so got out for a run this evening. Did a 5km threshold in 18:05 which I thought wasn't bad. Caught the Monday night squad just as they were finishing a lap and one of the members Max, a sub 4:30 over 1500m who is renowned for taking it easy, stopped his warm up with all the 13 year old girls, until I convinced him to keep going by getting on the abusive language. That was just before I was going to get to 4km where I usually stop, but max's presence definitely pulled me through to get the last km done. I think I felt worse than I actually was as I talked to Max relatively easily. Had to lean on a fence at the end though so it wasn't all fun and games. 10.4km all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment