Wednesday 18 March 2015

Yesterday and Today

Running club yesterday and Tom was back from America, so pretty good to have some more numbers. Haftu was away though as well as Jasper who was recovering from Nationals. He pulled a 4:18 out of the bag in the 1500m with a solid 8th in Australia. Anyway the session was 1200m + 300m x 4 with 90s between the 1.2k and the 3 and 2 and a half minutes between the 3 and the 1.2km. Wasn't feeling amazing to be honest, felt like a had a log in my stomach but I trained not badly. Times went like this 4:00, 52s, 3:54, 51s up to halfway and was happy so far. More tired than I would've hoped but I was sticking with Chris. Then it got tough. 3:51, 51s, followed by a 3:50 then 42s. Chris managed a ridiculous 3:38 last 1200m so not sure how he pulled that. But the last 300 was the hot topic. Chris went out hard but I was feeling okay then and reeled him back in after 200m. I was running pretty much all out then, but Chris found another gear and got home about a second in front of me. Stoked with that last 42s though, no idea how I did that. 10.1km all up.

Tonight did 12km by myself and got the tunes pumping. Good run, felt fairly easy averaging around 4:30's.

No comments:

Post a Comment