Thursday 10 November 2016

Vic Milers 3000m D race

A literal nervous wreck all day for this one. Warmed up with Liam for a couple of km, then chucked the spikes on and did some strides, feeling good. 

I was put right on the outside of the starting line so I was keen to get out fast to get myself in the inside lane. Turns out everyone else had the opposite idea so I ended up right at the front, the very last thing I expected. I was so surprised, I led pretty much the whole first km and we went through in 3:04. Then people started to move by and I hung in there, a touch unsure as to how I was feeling. 

When the second km came I knew I was hurting, I think I went through in about 6:10. From then on just absolutely died in the ass. Ended up running 9:42 and coming last. Really disappointing, not sure what went wrong. I think I put wayyy too much pressure on myself, like I've been totally absorbed in running well the entire week, so I think I'm just going to chill out and stop stressing out, relaxing and then I think the good runs will come. Just gotta chill out and enjoy running fast. 

Great night all round, definitely will run again next year. Hung around for the A race and the winner ran an insane 8:00. Cooled down with a lap of Albert Park in the dark with the boys. 

Really looking forward to next Thursday for the 5000. Just gonna relax and see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment