Wednesday 3 August 2016

More base

5 laps of the infamous acceleration session tonight. Last cross country season we did this 5 mondays in a row during one of Lesley's unimaginative streaks. Haven't done that one in a while though.  For those who have forgotten, 400 rep, 200m jog, 200m threshold, 200m rep, 200m jog, repeat. The threshold air created some quicker recoveries which I rated to he honest. 

4s weren't too impressive but they weren't on the track and were up a hill. Times ranged from 1:14 to 1:16 but the 2s were much quicker so satisfied with them. Threshold section was decent. 22:27 all up. 

Apparently it was planned but sounded sketchy to me. 5 X 100m on, 100m off. One of the best bits of the session. Real quick, although definitely a touch long. 

Anglesea relays on Saturday, looking forward to it. I think I've pulled the 8.8km leg so a touch nervous, but I'll just train through it. 14.2km all up for tonight. I fckn love running. 



No comments:

Post a Comment