Friday 3 April 2015

Can't even

Training last night and I reckon Cheyne just sits around at training thinking of all the roughest stuff he can give us and on occasion he does come up with some aggressive intervals. He started off by giving us 2 sets of 4 mins, 3 mins, 2 mins, 1 min with 30s jog between each, but then we were informed that was only meant to scare us and he gave us 90s jog between each instead. I was with Haffie and we killed it. So much that Cheyne reckons a minute jog next time but that's probably a good thing.

First rep was slow as we didn't want to burn out. We covered about 1200m. Then, as the times became less we stepped it up until by the end I was pretty tired and we had done just over 4km. We had 5 minutes between the sets and I was feeling fine at the end of that. The goal this time was to travel further than we had in the previous set. I took it out fast and we split through 1200m in something like 3:52 so we got 8s more distance of hard running than the first one. Kept on hammering through the 3 mins and 2 mins and I was hurting after each one. The one minute started up a hill so we worked our way into it until we were flying with the wind behind us. Haftu was still on my tail when we finished so good session from both of us. 12.8km all up, good base building. Feeling sore this morning but we going for a fellas golf day so I'll let you know if the golf ball proof fence is a match for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment