Wednesday 1 April 2015

Overload

Squaaaaaad last night and we had it tough. Just Jasper, Haffie and I training together doing a 4km threshold followed by 10 x 300m on the track with 100m walk recovery between each. The 4km was easier than Saturday running at the same pace. I led the first km before Jasper pushed on and then dropped off while Haftu and I kept the pace strong. Time was 14:08, 2 seconds faster than Saturday and half the effort.

5 minutes or so before the 300's. Jasper was with me for the first 5 and then dropped back. Although Haftu nearly out kicked me on the last, I was finishing pretty strong throughout all 10. Times were:

             52s, 52s, 49s, 50s, 48s, 47s, 47s, 46s, 48s, 43s

Done in afterwards, the cool down hurt way too much. 11.8km all up. Glad I did it though, this mornings run was hard enough.  Ran with Matt and Dobbo. First 10km were really easy which I was appreciative of. Then we stepped it up to around 4 minute km's and ended up with 13.5km in 1:05:49. Feeling the highs of exercise right now but still a bit sore. Here's a ripper picture of Haftu and Haile Gebrselassie. Keep in mind Haffie normally reps Hailebury on his shirt.



3 comments:

  1. Cool photo. Love it !
    Great reps. Amazingly fast for 300m. Do you have a race coming up soon where you can check out your progress ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Haha cheers Jamie, I do have some races coming up but they are all cross country so I can only compare the times to the same races from last year. I have a 3km, a 5km and then school cross country begins in May. We'll have to see how I do but I think it'll be not too bad considering how well training is going.

    ReplyDelete