Thursday 9 April 2015

2k, 1k, 2k, 1k, 3 x 400m

Running club tonight and an enormous turnaround in the weather which was greatly appreciated. Some of the best training conditions I've had in 2 years I reckon. Tom, Haftu, and I training together tonight. Tom's getting back into running and Haffie wasn't feeling it so I did the 400's alone.

Anyway started off strong feeling great. Felt smooth and easy doing 6:40 for the first 2km. 200m walk up to the 1km start and off we went hitting 3:08 for that k. I've been doing loads of core and leg work recently so I think it is paying off. Things like jump squats for legs I reckon are helping my style loads. I felt really sturdy today, but I guess as I fatigue it collapses a bit.

Feeling great at this point. A 400m walk and jog up to the 2km start and off we went. Through the km in 3:19 before bring it home faster and ending up with 6:34. Still feeling good, but we sped up on the last km and managed 2:59. I was tired but definitely not as tired as I normally am after running this fast. I was meant to do another km but Shermo changed it to 400's last minute. Good for variety though.

On the track and 150m into the first one I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. Hit 69s for that one. Really tired now and I was wondering how I was going to get through. I had 60s recovery between each. Told myself I had to go faster for each one. Managed 68 next but it felt like 47. That 60s went by too fast, Shermo said go and I went. Started off strong to give myself a bit of hope. Kept hammering and got a 65s. Stoked with that session. Really good. 12km all together.

There's a race on Sunday up at Scotch college. Grandpa will remember this one so we'll see if I can run faster than last year. Rumour has it that they've changed the course but I'm sceptical considering it was known far and wide for its stair then hill combination. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment