Saturday 29 November 2014

State Relays 4 x 800m

Arrived at Lakeside stadium before quickly putting in a short warm up and some drills. Then found out I was running first leg so got nervous real fast after seeing who I was racing. Lined up in lane 7 and waited for the gun. I got out fast and made it to the cones before coming into lane one. No idea what position I was in but just stuck with the person in front of me. Split the first lap in 60s flat but I didn't know while I was running. From there just tried to hang on and with 300m to go the leaders pulled ahead of me. Tried to maintain the distance between me and the person in front of me and it worked well. Pushed as hard as I could the last 200m and managed to hand the baton to Chris well before sucking in as much air as I could. Chris and same took second and third respectively with Daniel taking the last leg. Daniel just got beaten so we managed a quality 4th in the state as a team. I managed to run 2:06 which I was so happy with. No idea how I managed it but there you go. We're off to ferny tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment