Wednesday 5 November 2014

(1km + 200m) x 4

Got down to running club last night with a fairly big crowd. Chris, Tom, Haftu and I doing the distance session. Started off really fast in the first 1km hitting 3:02 and not even feeling it. Then 60s recovery before the 200m which was done in 33s. The next km was tough after a fast first one coming in at 3:04. The 200 got faster though in 32. Cheyne said try to go under 3 flat for the 3rd kilometre and I ended up running 3:00 with Haftu pulling me through the last bit. Then the 200, another 32s. Final k, led until 600m before Tom and Haftu came around me, I held on for a bit before they slowly edged ahead. They ended up running 2:59 and I pulled a 3:01. Really want to break 3:00 on the last km rep of the session soon. I've done it once before, but these days I'm going so much faster in the middle reps I just don't have that speed on the last one. It'll come soon. The final 200m was fast though. Chris went out unbelievably quick so I though I was running way too slow but I wasn't. I stuck with Tom before pulling way from him in that last 100m. I ran 28 or 29s while Chris did a huge 26 mid. 8.4km all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment