Thursday 13 March 2014

Stoke

Today everyone was up in Sydney racing at national so Nick and I got a few guys down to train for cross country. Last year we won state cross country as a team and we want to try go 2 in row. Jonno and Bryan came down, but more will come as the season properly gets underway. We did some 1200's. Started off well with Nick sitting on me the first one we came in at 3:59 (3:18 pace). Felt like had done nothing after this which I was really stoked about. Stepped it up to 3:52(3:12 pace) next rep and still felt solid after this. 4 mins recovery after each rep per usual with 1200's. Then 3:49(3:10 pace), Nick stopped after this one, hasn't been doing a much training recently as his involvement in other thing, but we are all hoping he gets back in shape soon. 4th rep was just Jonno and I, I managed another 3:49 so keeping it consistent which I'm happy with. Jonno stopped after this rep so I decided to just do a 1km as I was hurting more at this point. 3:03 later I finished. Good that I could put in a bit more speed at the end of session. 9.4km all up.

Also today got the results for our squads national races. Jasper ran 9:44 a 7 second pb and 4th in Australia. Haftu ran 9:40 and 12th in Australia and Chris managed a 5 second Pb and ran 9:04, 12th in the national. That's all the results from our squad now, Ciara is racing tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment