Tuesday 18 March 2014

Getting Back into it

Today was the first time running after being sick, still have a bit of a cold so didn't train great. Just didn't have the legs for it tonight, really frustrated. Just Chris and I tonight, he is racing again on Thursday to try and break 9 minutes. We did 3.6km then 2.4km. Just felt bad leading the first lap then Chris came around me on the second. I stuck with him for a bit before dropping off. Was pretty rough running by myself for the second half of the rep. Ended up running 13:11 which was ok for being sick. Chris wasn't feeling it either and only pulled 12:44. Recovery, then the 2.4km. Again, led for the first lap while Chris practiced sitting, he went by on the second lap and again I kept him not too far away. Ended up running 8:31 so not too bad. Reckon I'll not be feeling it again on Thursday's session especially since I'll be training by myself. All the national runners have been given 10 days off so will be a tough week. 7.5km + 5km bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment