Sunday 2 March 2014

More Kenyan

Today went to do some Kenyan with Chris and Declan. Chris was still a bit sick and Declan wasn't feeling it so they dropped out after 3 reps and left me doing the work on my own. Did alright, not quite as quick as the last time as I had soccer practice for an hour and a half this morning, but the watch still said around 3:10 pace. Just did 6 x 2 minutes easy, 2 minutes hard and then a  bigger warm down for about 9.4km all up. On the warm down though, Declan tripped into a fence and tore a square inch chunk of muscle out of his leg. He fell on the ground and we saw the wound. It wasn't bleeding but we got him to hold a shirt on it just in case. We made sure he was ok then called his dad who was nearby. We got him into his car then his dad took him to hospital. Still don't know what happening but I'll keep you informed when I know. Declan wasn't screaming or anything an we told him to wiggle his toes to make sure he hadn't injured any nerves. His back was fine so I think it's just a flesh wound. Pretty rough and hope he's alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment