Thursday 7 November 2013

Kenyan Fartlek

Today cycled up to running club for a tougher session. Kenyan Fartlek I quite enjoy, but the speed and distance does take its toll. Kenyan is 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy which equals 1 rep. We did 8 reps then 8 reps of 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy. Started off strong and felt ok. It was Ryan, Haftu, Tom, Nick and I training. Kept the pace strong on our hard 2 minutes before picking it up a bit on the 5th and 6th reps. We slowed a touch on the final reps of the 2 minutes, but still feeling tired on our break between the 2's and the 1's. The 1's started off slowly but we slowly picked up the pace going quick on the 5th and 6th reps again. We kept a solid pace for the 7th and really gunned it on the last. I went out quick, but Ryan and Nick came flying past me. I managed to stay ahead of Haftu which was great. About 14km in all and a 5km bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment