Tuesday 26 November 2013

1kers

Today went up to running club for my last session before going to France on French Exchange. I'll be staying in France for 6 weeks with a host family, going to school with a another guy my age. He came to stay with us for 6 weeks in July so I already know him. It should be a fantastic experience. I will continue to write my blog and train although I know it might be difficult to get some of the bigger sessions in. I hope to maintain my fitness as I have worked hard to get here. Anyway the session tonight was 1km reps. Started off solid in 3:09, but we then had quite a long recovery of 5 minutes. Next rep was 3:11.  The rep was slowed as near the end A dog jumped in front of us and we nearly fell. 3rd and 4th were great with 3:07 each, we then shortened the recovery to 3 minutes and I ran 3:09 which again I was happy with. Finished on a high with 3:04 so very happy with the session, about 9.7km all up. Wanted to say good luck to Haftu who is running in the National 3km event on the 6th of December, Good luck to Ryan and Nick also for breaking 2 minutes over 800m. Chris who has been out with injury, just started training again, good luck on getting back to full fitness. Good luck also to Tom and Julian in their triathlon ventures and I hope training goes well for everyone else in the group.

1 comment:

  1. Bonne chance en France et bon courage. Tu peux toujours nous appeler si tu veux. A plus.

    ReplyDelete